In the home fire!
Well, I didn't get around to the re-firing on Thursday but managed it on Friday. I packed two small boxes with rolled newspaper, sawdust, salted banksia pods, Jacaranda pods and other seed pods (can't remember the plant's name), old rusty nails and rusted flakes from the steel shelf inside the fire and oyster shells, and filled the home fire as tightly as possible with additional rolled newspaper on the bottom and some eucalyptus leaves and twigs around the boxes.
Eventually I got it burning and it went REALLY well. I lit it around 12noon and took the pots out around midnight. I managed to get some great colour. In particular, a wonderful green which I think came from the brass bell filings. It was a worthwhile exercise and one I will do again, expecially in Spring when it's raining and cool - saves having an open fire that requires supervision outside.
Have a look at the results below. The last pot has been fired 3 times. I'm now happy with the outcome.
Kylie Rose McLean
I love creating, turning my ideas into reality, being challenged, and immersed in realising an idea. In these moments I am absorbed, inspired and wrapped in my own world. It's wonderful!